Tuesday 13 September 2011

GoodFellas (1990)

You know what my blog is lacking ? Sugar , spices and mindless violence. Good thing there are these Fellas , see, they are Good at what they do. Oh God, I'm running out of ways how to introduce a movie.
So it seems that uncle Martin Scorsese used a true story, and why not, putting "based on a true story" makes it look more real, and we are all for sense of reality from time to time. While I'm at it , I will say some things that are good:
From my point, the camera movement was great , something spectacular. The way it went through people , how they went by each other is something so delicate, but also so powerful, like godzilla-butterfly . I wanted to call it "tunneling" and it got me good at few points.
The cast. It is mind-blowing. Robert De Niro , Joe Pesci, Ray Liotta and even Samuel L. Jackson made his print here. What else can you ask for? Why would you ask for something else ? Are you unhappy ? Why does everything make you unhappy ?
Everything else that fallows , good or bad, is about the story. Can't complain , it's not bad, it has narration that makes it more clear and easier to understand, but it could be better. Yeah , sure it is based on true story, but nobody would know if you would change some minor details. Can't say what and where , because that would ruin the fun for those who didn't see it yet. Lets just leave it at "it could have been a better story".
You know, though all my years of movie watching I have noticed few things about gangster movies.
Crime obviously does not pay. As you can see it everywhere and all the time, crime does not pay, and personally I would love to see at least once where crime gives you happiness and you don't get raped by police or your friends at the end.
Jedi are so overpowered and .... wait... that's not it....
Main problems for gangsters to go down from top is drugs and/or women.If you ever get a chance to be a gangster , please don't do/sell drugs and don't get married or obsess with one girl.
You know what. It is still a great movie for those who did not see it. best part about it, that makes it so special and unique against other is that it shows mafia and gangsters from a simple point of view. No dirt nor gold there. They are what they are, and they like it, that is all.

13 comments:

  1. I fell in love with this movie a long time ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this movie crime does pay (even if they die violently in the end) they lived good while they lived. (and many good people die violently)
    For me a life of crime seems like the easy way.
    I prefer a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why do you call him "uncle martin scorcese"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice movie, I really did expect a better story, but it's a nice watch, you could definitely do worse than this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my all time favorites. Every time it's on I have to watch it till the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen it, actually. But it does seem very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quality movie and based on a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im very ashamed to say ive never seen this movie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a friend who loved the Godfather. Or maybe she just liked gangsters in general.

    Might recommend this to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome review! Love your writing style! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. one of my all time favorite movies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting to watch this movie for so long! I think ima try tomorrow online.

    ReplyDelete