Wednesday 20 April 2011

Dances with Wolves (1990)

Today was a great day for me. For some unknown reason everything went so good. Felt like the sky was smiling on me, and my insides were turned into ice-cream (no idea for this metaphor), so just to make it a greatest day, like the day God created earth, just less important, i had to see a movie that would be also awesome. As we all know very well, Kevin Costner makes movies that have a huge emotional cannon. Seriously , this guy really know how to get to your heart, and additionally wraps everything to look like a beautiful picture book. I mean really, Kevin, if you're reading this, then let me just say that you really know how to make esthetically good looking movies. Also to make a theme about indians makes things more spiritual all that. This is a long movie, and that helps with getting along with the main character as he also narrates, and in the long run, you start to feel like he does. What is strange is that this movie actually shows how wrong were the newcomers, for killing the indians, and not making a good old "i love you america, marry me" kinda patriotism. Any who.... Great thing for a great day. If you haven't seen it, i would like to recommend to make some time and enjoy.

16 comments:

  1. I think i watched this a few years ago. Really good film :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have seen this 15 times. It is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad movie with some great moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant film....before Kev got lame

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never seen this movie, but it sounds like a classic I have to watch :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to see that movie looks okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great movie. I had this on 3 Video-Cds i think, back in the day. Watched it quite a bit, needless to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're posting so many movies i've heard about but never seen right now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah this movie was excellent. I did a review on it a while back. You can pick up a blu-ray for 13$ now (Extended cut)
    http://www.hometheatermack.com/2011/02/new-blu-ray-releases.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great movie! Following and supporting. alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete